Well I bet that got everyone's attention didn't it....I can just imagine the thoughts that the title of the blog evoked. No my friends I have not turned into the oldest cougar in the west.
This little man has only two arms, and a head, and he is called "Mr Pacemaker" . I acquired him in my life on Monday, and came back home on Wednesday a decidedly new woman....or I will be when he settles into my heart and chest.
Last Thursday I was decidedly unwell, and decided to call an ambulance, where I was eventually transferred to the private hospital that night where my cardiologist is (took the public system till 2am), and before I knew it was back in an ambulance on the way to Brisbane to have a pacemaker fitted.
All went well, although I was not completely asleep, just vaguely aware enough to wonder whether the Dr. would like a loan of my ten pound hammer, and whether in my stupor I actually said that or not I have no idea but the only memory I have is the force he was using and my thoughts on that but felt no pain.
All I have to show is a wound about 2inches long in my upper left chest. There wont even be any stitches to take out, the doctor has obviously taken Sharon's stitching lessons because his long unseen running stitch is beautiful.
![]() |
| Mr Pacemaker the new love of my life. |
![]() |
| Amazing Modern Technology |


Oh, Shirley, a great chuckle, inspite of everything. But you will be well if you don't dance too much now, just wait a little and you will be happily married with the new man, he will never say: enough stitchin for today, lets go for a walk - or "I am hungry".
ReplyDeleteLove from
Anneliese
Yep it got my attention Shirley thought you had found yourself a Doctor whilst in hospital...lol Well at least Mr PaceMaker will keep that heart of yours going and we can carry on reading your blog xx Im sending you lots of (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteAmazing!
ReplyDeleteShirley, I hope you have a very long love-affair with Mr. Pacemaker. Yes, modern technology is wonderful and God bless all of those wonderful scientist and medicos who develop it.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you were unwell, but glad that Mr. Pacemaker and you will be long time friends! Hope he is good company to you and allows you time to do your beautiful handwork!
ReplyDeleteI hope this is the last of lifes little surprises for you for a while Shirley and that all goes well from now on.
ReplyDeleteShirley, I am pleased to read about this new "man" in your life. My you get along well together. Best wishes.
ReplyDeleteHope that new man in your life keeps you under control girl. Soon there will be no stopping you!! Di.
ReplyDeleteHello Shirley, I am so very happy you are feeling better and that it was the "New Man" in your lifet that made it happen. VBG I hope now you will get better everyday and you will finally be able to find some lovely time for stitching which I am sure will make you feel much much better. Hugs Judy
ReplyDeleteWhoa! time to settle down there...so glad modern technology has got you all fixed up...now just take care until you heal & then you'll be raring to go!
ReplyDeleteHi Shirley,
ReplyDeleteSo happy that your sense of humor is still intact! :)
I am sure that Mr. Pacemaker will take good care of you from now on.
Hugs,
Nothing like a good fella to make the heart flutter!!! Mr P sounds perfect.
ReplyDeleteYes, you’ve got my attention! I thought you were going to tell us about that cute doctor you mentioned before. I’m glad you found such a good man.
ReplyDeleteGosh Shirley you had my attention right away---
ReplyDeletethere is only roses in the future now.
Hi Shirley, so great to hear that you and the doctors got to the bottom of the problem. I am sure you will be like a new person with your new found 'hardware'. Isn't it amazing how quickly they send you home from hospital these days!! Goodness, to think they kept us in for 10 days when we had a baby, and now ladies are having them at home!! I hope we can all keep up with you now..........LOL.......
ReplyDeleteholy molly! i go awol for a couple of weeks and look what i find.
ReplyDeleteglad for the new companion though.
Hope you and Mr Pacemaker will have a very long and happy relationship, shirley. You have a fantastic sense of humour. Love ya! Hazel x
ReplyDelete