Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Studio Journal

I have been very diligent over the weekend, trying to catch up with the Studio Journal lessons.   Have not got to the stage of working on samples, just the basic lessons, but am thoroughly enjoying it.   I have particularly liked the lesson of marking a grid on images and then cutting them up and re-arranging them.  It could have been one of those addictive things like the kaleidoscope programme.

So here are some of the images from the lessons.  I dont profess to see any designs as yet, but I think that is in the eye of the beholder.   This is going to be a very good learning curve for me, to be a little bit more organised when preparing to work an embroidery.  I have discovered from the workshop that taking various things into consideration will make for a much better design than just "going for it".  It gives you the chance to correct anything that is not quite right before you put needle to fabric.

11 comments:

  1. Really interesting exercise Shirley! It does remind me of kaleidoscope images, one of my favorite things from childhood.
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your designs are great Shirley. I can see you will be putting needle to fabric very soon. Di.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you are challenging yourself. I think the designs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These exercises helped me too. Your examples look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy having more fun, Shirley! I'm interested to see the results, and so happy to see you blogging again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shirley,

    How are you feeling? Hope you are on the mend. :) Your Studio Journal lessons are great.
    So happy you are keeping busy and enjoying your time creating.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley this work is looking just fantastic! Your colours are really beautiful. It will be nice to see the results. You are really enjoying this by the looks! Thank you very kindly for your comment about my journal.
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how these look Shirley...lovely colours too...hope yr keeping well x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is nice to see you blogging and having fun again:)) Thank you for your comment, Shirley:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make super examples, Shirley. I saw them already in your studio journal album. You caught up very fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These all look wonderful Shirley. I am so pleased you are feeling better. Sorry I've been 'absent' and will try to contact you next week. I'm still coming to terms with ENZO [new computer], and all that comes with such things. I am really enjoying watching the Studio Journal pieces evolve.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.