I have been neglecting my poor blog lately, so thought I would post about the progress so far of what I have been doing in the studio journal workshop in between "sojourns".
I took some shapes from one of the grid patterns, and traced them off onto fabric, and this is what I have come up with so far. The small green tree has been moved temporarily to allow for some stitching. However I have lost the train of thought I had for stitches and patterns. Did not get a chance to make note what I had had in mind.
The exercise proved to be a bit of a challenge because of lack of knowledge of some computer workings, however, I did manage to come up with a couple of designs eventually very loosely based on the picture of the grid over the window.
I copied and pasted the wingding in open office until I had a full page, then printed them out and cut them up to make the design. Ater arranging and glueing the design coloured them with water colour and crayon.
Below are two designs that could be used for borders taken from using "wingdings" or as I prefer to say "dingbats" because they nearly drove me batty. Sorry they look crooked, I did rule off the page, but am not what you would call a good photographer.
I am really enjoying this workshop, thanks to Sharon Boggon, but will be glad to see the top of the dining room table again.






You've been busy creating beautiful things !
ReplyDeleteNice to hear from you again.
~Jo
Everything is so inspiring Shirley. I am really enjoying the Studio Journals you, Dianne, and Anneliese have been working on.
ReplyDeleteLovely post, Shirley, your collage is super - it couldn't be better. It is really painterly.
ReplyDeleteAnd all the other photos are beautiful. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments. I think one needs really much time to make a collage to find the appropriate cut-outs and stuff to put on.
Nice to see what you've been working on, Shirley. Wingdings is foreign territory to me, so good on you learning new comp manipulations.
ReplyDeleteLove all those shapes.
ReplyDelete