First of all, I wonder how Sharon could have known that I was waiting for a stitch to fill out those half circles.
I decided that the page I thought was finished needed something else so drew these circles to try to balance the half circle on the other side. You can imagine how happy I was on Tuesday to see this stitch.
First of all I worked the rows going the same way, and then I did one row in one direction and came back in the opposite direction.
I wanted to see if twisted chain would work on a raised band and it looks quite good.
I quite like the week 29 variation but it does need the ground stitches to be closer together. It does not work as well if they are too far apart.
I have used this stitch before to make tree trunks.
Really like this stitch so perhaps that is why I went crazy with it.





Wow!!This looks lovely!!It's a good idea to belong to a group- it would encourage a person to try stitches they might not otherwise try. Looks so good.
ReplyDeletevery beautiful.. I love the colors you have used, the beads and the small roses in it...every thing looks beautiful.
ReplyDeletegorgeous stitching!!both last week and this week too.and the colors ♫ ♪
ReplyDeletei'm so behind.
I love your stitches, the book will be a treasure and I am keen to see it once when it will be finished. And Judy is right with trying stitches - In my case: I would not even know that they exist.
ReplyDeleteOh Shirley that is beautiful and I love the colors! Love the scalloped design on the edge, just lovely...
ReplyDeleteTina xo
I like everything about this--it just all goes together so very well. Pleasing to the eye. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteIt is looking so very pretty & I love those colours.
ReplyDeleteWhat absolutely gorgeous work you do! I've put you on my list for morning blog cruise with coffee. Wish I had found you long ago.
ReplyDeleteI like the way you have used the stitch.Very imaginative.The colors are also very nice
ReplyDelete