Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Sunday, 12 September 2010

Sunday Visitors

Taken on a previous visit.
My friend Di and hubby thought they might call in on the way home from a wedding at the weekend. By lunchtime when I had to leave for an appointment had not heard so gathered they did not have time.

Our doc does work on a Sunday...is one of those wonderful country doctors...and takes a day off during the week.  So we left our shopping till today as well since the Supermarket is open on Sundays too. (very rare for out in the country)

Had only been home 15 minutes, not finished packing away the shopping when the phone rang and it was Di to say they were almost here.

What excitement this bought on...quick tidy up...and on to a batch of scones for afternoon tea.  They weren't quite ready when our friends arrived.  

We have known each other  for over 20 years from our days at the beach.

For the next two frantic hours I don't think we stopped to catch our breath. It was just so good to be able to speak in person instead of emails.

So now we have another play date planned...soon.

But forgot to take photos! So I will share this one of us together on a previous visit.

4 comments:

  1. What an exciting day Shirley and what a blessing a wonderful friend of many years is! I have a friend I have known for 46 years but sadly we haven't been able to get together in over 10 years. Maybe soon!
    Have a sweet Sunday...
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shirley, How super to have your friend Di stop by. You are very fortunate indeed. I am back after a long absent from blogging. I needed it. I have ventured through a few pages and discovered your new grand baby Ella Rose. A truly lovely name and she is such a sweetie. Her parents look very proud indeed and rightfully so. I missed our chats. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shirley, how wonderful to take a little part in your meeting with Dianne, as if I would be there also, and I would fit in I am sure. And we would certainly spin wonderful yarns together.
    Much love from far away!!! Anneliese

    ReplyDelete
  4. The highlight of our visit was getting to see your beautiful embroidered pages and planned pages! Oh and the fresh out of the oven scones of course. Thank you Shirley for the lovely welcome and pity it had to be so short. Di

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.