Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 24 September 2010

Eastern Stitch


Well it is back to stitching.  I have completed this week's stitch for Tast which is called Eastern Stitch.  I found I just wanted to keep going with it hence so many photos. 

I have also enclosed a photo of the Fabric Page I have added these to.  It has a lot of earlier stitches and I can still see spaces to fill.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely colours and variety of stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh How beautiful Shirley and I see tatting there!! I have always wanted to learn to tat, I even bought some thread and a shuttle but never found anyone who could show me. Maybe someday! Have a wonderful day!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shirley. I love your "Eastern Stitch" it sorta looks like tatting. Is it??? You have created a very neat fabric page. Hugs judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Shirley i really love that eastern stitch, how did you do it, is there a tutorial i could follow xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, I'm pleased I came here to have a really good look at this work. It's amazing. The 'sweeps/swirls' really appeal to me, but I am particularly drawn to your creative use of the Eastern Stitch. I looked it up. I had a feeling it was a 'version' of Sorbello, which is one I have enjoyed using in the past. These photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your play with the Eastern stitch. I do read your blog regularly, always something interesting. Love the marsupial news and I've been meaning to tell you how much I appreciate your flora photography. Your recent orange succulents pic was quite stunning and technically impressive as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been drooling over your whole TAST section!

    ~Faith
    Sew Many Blessings
    Needle & Fabric Art
    airycat at airynothing dot net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.