| Rain Going |
I have been neglecting my poor blog of late because i have been busy playing with my Gimp Photo programme and posting on my other blog which has a link at the top of my right side bar. The weather outside has not been good at times.
Also had a day in Toowoomba on Monday for a CT scan of my eye orbits and brain.....who is that laughing!.....is that my children and grandchildren reading my blog.......
For some time now I have thought I had one eye bigger than the other..(stop laughing you lot) and finally plucked up the courage to ask the doctor who straight away said he could see it. Anyway, haven't had any phone calls from the doctor bidding my urgent presence in his surgery so everything must be ok. Have and appointment next Monday though.
The trip over to Toowoomba was a bit hairy because the weather chose that particular day to turn nasty...drizzly rain all the way and then on the approach to the city thick fog..pretty scary considering we were on top of a mountain on a winding up and down road.....(ok you locals I know it was probably nothing to you but this is a driving scardycat here)
Had a nice visit with Dianne's Cahills hubby ...she was out working at the Quilt Show... and got to see the great alterations to their home....and...I was so jealous...she has a new walk in pantry.....I want one!...sob sob stamping feet!
Fortunately the trip home was better the weather had improved a bit and we took a different route through quiet country roads with barely any traffic so arrived home safely and I survived another trip to the "big smoke" .
No we didn't "shop" DH does not shop so did not get to the thread store. He is one of those men who believe you only go into a shopping centre if you need to....also thinks the only way to get round the supermarket is to never allow the wheels on the trolley to stop moving....:D
This really made me laugh Shirley, though I hope you have had good results from the CT scan - you don't want anything going wrong with your eyes. I love all the photos in your posts, I am just catching up on blog reading. Your garden looks beautiful. Cheers, Robin
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing too Shirley, but not at you, with you, as you most certainly know how to make light of every situation. It seems these husbands know how to put the handbrake on one's enjoyment when in the Big Smoke. If you have a moment, and all the stars are aligned, try to visit the Danish Flower Shop at Highfields when you next make a trip to Toowoomba. The beads and ribbons are to die for, even my 'handbrake' picks up things to buy!!!! I have to admit though, visiting Highfields for us means a trip through the back roads and avoiding the highway traffic, much better on the nerves.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the tests.