Does anyone else ever "lose" as many things as I do. I took these photos of what I had done this afternoon, and was not particularly happy with them so thought I would re-do the photos....no can do....cant find the fabric page I worked on anywhere. It must be here...have not left the house. Earlier today it was the outer circle of my embroidery ring....aaarrrggghhhh!!
This is my first try of the basic stitch using firstly a crochet cotton, then a Perle No 8, and then 6 strands of stranded cotton. I like the perle No. 8 the best.
I am still trying to work my stitches onto the fabric pages, and the sample below is from one of the pages... I had stitched a piece of lace onto one corner and drew some loops for this stitch.
Unfortunately I drew the loops a little wonky. They did not look that way then, but the variegated threads changed them somehow. Perhaps I could have worked them in 3 different colours. I used a variegated watercolours thread for this.
This stitch has many uses particularly for geometric patterns on evenweave linen. There are some really good examples on Flicker and the instructions for the stitch can be found here on Pintangle.


I hope you find it again soon!
ReplyDeleteHi Shirl, Have you looked under the couch cushions. I find ever so much there!! Your stitching looks lovely and I am loving the look of your page. Can't wait to see more.
ReplyDelete