A very tired Nan and great Nan is home again, and I must say I do like the big smoke when I am there, but it is always good to be home among one's own possessions.
One thing was really funny how the parents "hovered" and looked ever so panicky when they saw how Grandma and Great Nana handled the baby...I am sure they thought we were too rough with her....they just did not realise how many babies both of us have handled in our day. Never mind she is only a week old and the timidity they have handling her will soon go away, but I think the term "doting Daddy" will be with her forever.
Then wonder of wonders when she was good and ready the eyes opened and they are big and deep blue. Needless to say there are a lot more pictures. But they will keep until another time.
This is a photo of Ella with Aunty Bree when they came to visit..




Oh Shirley she is breath-takingingly beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd her name is perfect...you are such a lucky and blessed Great Nana..I can hardly wait for the rest of the pictures!
I have just one question...how could you bear to leave her???? :(
Tina xo
She is lovely, gad you have seen her, and held her.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the family! How wonderful that you visited Ella Rose. The pictures are all precious.
ReplyDeleteElla Rose is beautiful! I bet it felt so good to hold a baby. They are so wonderful and somehow, they smell so good too. Her parents are lucky that she is a sleeper! I know some people who have "screamers" and it makes it hard to adjust.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see more photos.
Ella rose is very beautiful. She looks like a rose as her name says. I love the sleeping beauty.
ReplyDeleteAw Shirley, she is just adorable. That is a lovely photo of you with her. Doting parents is good....they should be very proud.
ReplyDeletesweet baby angel.
ReplyDeletewell, let's not talk about doting grandma and great grandma!
Ella Rose is too cute, adorable ..I love her smirky smile..
ReplyDeleteI think it is so true with every new parents like you said "One thing was really funny how the parents "hovered" and looked ever so panicky when they saw how Grandma and Great Nana handled the baby...I am sure they thought we were too rough with her....they just did not realise how many babies both of us have handled in our day. Never mind she is only a week old and the timidity they have handling her will soon go away, but I think the term "doting Daddy" will be with her forever"..:)..Congrats Shirley to you and the family..