Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 1 July 2010

Tast Week 17 Sword Stitch

When I first started practising this stitch, I thought it was a bit boring, and it did not seem to offer much inspiration. I came up with the seed head as a lot of people did. As I played around with it I next worked some bushes under one of my previous palm trees (which I will photograph later when I next use the camera). So then I decided on the circle of briars and berries idea.











Finally I could not resist trying this stitch out to see if I could achieve some coral and this is what I came up with. I have used this in my latest reef picture. I added loose french knots to it as well and some ribbon wraps for effect. For the seed head I used cotton a broder at the back, and BE thread in the front. Also used BE rayon for the circle of briars.
For the coral I used strands of a variegated silk thread.




Now I will get on with the wave stitch while the good fairies are being nice to me.

5 comments:

  1. No chance.. its looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like these stitches Shirley and the wonderful colours you have used. Nice to know that the camera/computer problems have been sorted. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your TAST stitches are absolutely beautiful Shirley. If it runs again next year I think I will have a go! I came via Jenster :o)

    Have a good weekend
    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bow to your beautiful creative stitching Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative Shirl. You have done wonders with the sword stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.