Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Out of Action

Have been out of action for a few days. Woke on Sunday morning with chest pains. After monitoring my BP for a couple of hours DH decided it was time to phone the ambulance when my blood pressure dropped very low and I began to experience dizziness.

The ambulance bearers were lovely, and soon had me more relaxed. By this time the pain had subsided, but as a precaution and because of my history, they thought I should be taken to hospital. This was confirmed by a phone call to my local GP. So off I went....

Sunday was the day I was to instal the latest version of linux on my old computer, and my I.T. savvy son just said "Mum I know you will do anything to get out of the instal on your own, but you did not have to go that far" Ha Ha.

The people at the public hospital were very nice, and knowledgeable and I felt quite at home until I had a bit of a run in with one of the nurses....who wanted me to drink directly out of a bottle, and when I asked for a cup was told " Oh I will go and get the crystal then",......which did not go down very well I can tell you... I never new that having the manners to want to drink out of a cup and not directly from a bottle was a reason for ridicule.

Bitch!!! and yes I did get the opportunity to mention the episode to the nurse in charge of the ward I went to, plus the fact that she refused to replace the BP cuff after it had come off.

The only other hiccup I had was that my blood vessels were very hard to get blood from because they were down, but eventually they got what they needed to do the tests.

Just remembered the girl with the cough....the nurse who came to do the paperwork to put me through to the ward was coughing all over the paperwork, and I mentioned that she might need to get a mask....but she did not take the hint, and continued to cough and did not make any attempt to cover her mouth, nor did she wash her hands before she came to me....yuk...hope she did not pass it on.

Anyway, apart from that, the rest of the people were lovely...the doctor was from South Africa, and I could tell when he was speaking to the two young trainee doctors about my case and heart patients in general, that he knew what he was talking about.

Thankfully, I recovered, and from the tests, had not had a full blown heart attack, just nuisance stuff.

However, the food was something else....The roast beef did not taste like any roast beef I have ever cooked...slimy and salty would be a good description...and the salad was all leaf and little else. It all tasted like unnatural manufactured food. Even the cornflakes for breakfast did not tast like cornflakes...dont ask why...dont know.

I dont care if I have to live on dry biscuits there is now way I will be dropping my private health insurance any time soon. ...unfortunately the private hospital near here does not have a resident doctor or I would have gone there...

So since coming home have just been relaxing and have managed to finish my Reef Pic.ture, because Dh has been watching me and not letting me do too much....so I have been good.

BP seems to be back to normal, and still haven't done the new instal....will get to it soon.

Have only one request from the family if I end up in that hospital again....PLEASE bring proper food.


5 comments:

  1. There are two main reasons for private health care. One is so you don't have to share all the coughs and sneezes from the visitors of other patients and the other is the food!!

    I am pleased to hear you were checked out ok. Keep taking it easy! Many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god you are back with good health. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are alright. I hope there are no complications that arise from the coughing nurse! I get so angry when public service people get an attitude! Glad you are home and resting and glad you were able to get a needle and some thread in your hands again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirl, Sorry to hear about you having to go into hospital. Just so glad you are okay and are still able to put needle and thread to fabric. If only the government would have put more into our public hospitals instead of wasting it in other areas!! Money, of course, will never counteract lack of hygiene. Yuk. The food sounded vile. Anyway, keep well, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are okay! It's not fun having to deal with ugly mannered people when you are ill. Shame on them!
    I second that about the food and I am so thankful that you have a DH that has your health in mind. How wonderful that must be!
    Keep your fingers busy with your beautiful work and you'll be done in no time.....and looking for another new project to start!
    Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.