Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 18 June 2010

Week 15 TAST Ladder Stitch

I decided to keep using the sea theme sampler, for this, because I have had a shell that I have wanted to embroider and thought this could be the perfect stitch for the stripes. I also added a piece of seaweed using the stitch in a more abstract way. For the shell I used a mix of crochet thread (for the ladder stitch), stranded cotton and perle for the rest of the shell. For the seaweed I used six strands of stranded cotton.
Loved this stitch, it has so many possibilities. Thank you for this one Sharon.

1 comment:

  1. These are both great interpretations, Shirl. The seaweed is wonderful done in this stitch. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.