Below is what the sampler of my stitches is looking like at the moment. I wish I could think of a way to use it.mmmm I have a lot of samplers of stitches it could be a book . Woule be grateful for any ideas for them.
This blog space is a record of what I have made and through this hopefully I can make new friends. My underwater scenes, using a variety of threads and found items are my favourite outlet for my creativity. Techniques such as Silk Ribbon, Brazilian, Casalguidi, Blackwork, Mountmellick, and Schwalm have also captured my imagination. I am also an artist, using acrylics and oils to capture the Australian landscape and Still Life.
Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm
Wednesday, 5 May 2010
Week 10 Cloud Filling
I have been waiting for a stitch to finish off the heart where I had stitched my flowers and as soon as I saw this stitch I knew it was what I wanted. Sorry I have not had time to play with more variations, as I have to leave time to prepare for my trip away at the weekend. I have outlined the heart with palestrina stitch, and have used variegated colours of Edmar Brazilian Threads.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a lovely heart you stitched. And you are very fast. I have not even started.
ReplyDeleteI think making a fabric book for your samples is a great idea. Some time ago I did not like to make samplers. But in the meantime I realised that I will never use a stitch or a stitch combination in my work as long as I have not tried it on a sampler. I keep my sampler books very simple. I just sew the individual pieces on felt, as concertina. But I have seen fabric books that are pieces of art at their own...
Have a nice trip and thanks for sharing
Wow looks so wonderful Shirley....your such a great stitcher.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jen and Raphaela I would like to explore more of this.
ReplyDeletePerfect Shirl. Your heart has turned out well. Definitely will try this stitch one day too. Have a good trip.
ReplyDeleteHello Shirley, OH, how I love your heart stitching. It is absolutely beautiful. Love it. Can you direct me to this new stitch. Hugs your friend Judy
ReplyDeleteThe heart is beautiful made moreso by your wonderful stitching and clever stitch combinations.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about having TAST and other samplers all over the place. I'm thinking about gathering mine together in a special container, perhaps an embroidered box
your sample is very, very nice. I have not yet completed mine.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You've got me thinking about crafting an "envelope" or portfolio for the samplers.
ReplyDelete