Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Monday, 3 May 2010

Patterns 12 , 13, 14 and 15 of Chessboard.

Here are the next four patterns for the Blackwork Chessboard..this will make 15 only 15 to go.


If you work the pattern on the top in back stitch, circles are formed on the wrong side of the fabric. The pattern on the below that is worked over 4 threads, and a hole appears in the centre of the eye stitch. It can look effective stitched using two colours.



This pretty floral pattern above really requires a large area to be appreciated. The four quarters of the motif are joined together by a cross stitch. The pattern below resembles flowers or foliage.

1 comment:

  1. As always Shirley, beautiful work! I am finishing some projects right now, but I will start on Blackwork next. I have ordered the book you suggested. It looks like a good book! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.