Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 8 April 2010

Tast Week 6 Buttonhole with Bullions

Well I am putting this weeks effort up, and nearly didn't ...I am not happy with this at all...
Liked the idea of the buttonhole and the bullions, but am so disappointed with what I have done...is this another sign of old age - losing the ability to do things..I used to do lovely bullions, but these are not good.
And here was I trying to be all modern and creative....with my bright colours.




For the pink flowers, I used the same number of wraps as the instructions, but did not take into account the size of the buttonhole eyelet....and the effect that would have on the number of wraps and spacing of the bullions....so the spacing is not good. However, the wraps were smoother with the rayon thread than with the Perle No. 5.

Think I will have another go with these stitches. I am going to practise my bullions...








8 comments:

  1. Hello Shirley. I love your stitching it is always so inspirational. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley,
    flowers are brigh n beautiful..I liked the pink very much..bullons with pink rayon are so sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried mine yet, but yours surpass what they will be! I like the twist effect on the top yellow one too!

    Great stuff, Amo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered what you could do with this stitch, but of course, you have come up with such a creative spin on it. There is nothing wrong with your bullions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your flowers, especially the pink ones. Your bullions look great! (You haven't seen mine yet. I am still practicing.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little button stitching. I am off to find some instructions on making these. I linked ya to my site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink ones Shirley they look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.