Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 30 April 2010

Tast 2010 Week 9 Raised Herringbone Band


This is my sample for the Raised Herringbone Band for Week 9. I have used mostly Perle No. 8 threads, but in the centre row used some deep brown rayon thread I had, and used the perle again for the herringbone. To complete the band I used some dark metallic thread over the light herringbone. On the bottom row, I twisted the woven thread round twice to obtain a different effect. Thank you Sharon for this interesting stitch..

I discovered this old sampler I had started to work drawn thread work, but never completed it. So now I am going to finish it by adding my Tast Stitches which fit in with the layout.

2 comments:

  1. Nice samples! Your drawn thread is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice work. The colors are very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.