Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 30 April 2010

More Patterns

Thought I would post some more of the patterns for the blackwork chessboard

The first design above is one of the simpler ones. I like the pretty pattern the centre one makes. You can see how adding extra elements gives a darker effect to the pattern.



These 3 are pretty easy to do. I found the centre one a bit tedious..I prefer the designs which give a nice pattern.

4 comments:

  1. Shirley, you once again amaze me. I love these patterns. What kind of thread do you use? I have read about silk and DMC. Which do you prefer? Also, what material do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good photography Shirl. How long did this blackwork project take you? Remember when we had heaps more time on our hands? Um, could it be we are having more computer time these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been enjoying these Shirley - I have even worked some of them at various times! It is like seeing old friends. I must add more blackwork to my band sampler

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon There are More to com, must put another lot up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.