I worked on these practise stitches first. Used variegated threads of different thicknesses. When I had finished thought this little button I have had stashed away for years was just right to sit in the centre of the circles. I seem to be doing a lot of circles...wonder what that means.
While working the stitch, thought it reminded me of one I could use in an underwater theme. So this is the result. I think the line of rope stitch across the bottom is more like it should be, and I used a single stitch for the little fish swimming about.
I did like this stitch it did flow along.
I have started a new sampler so I could change the colour theme.
I did like this stitch it did flow along.
I have started a new sampler so I could change the colour theme.
Shirley, I wonder if your life is going in circles also?? I know mine seems to be most of the time! I like the under the sea theme.
ReplyDeleteGreat samples Shirley and like you I love this stitch.
ReplyDeleteNow that I know that it exists, Shirley, I am enjoying your blog with my cuppa. A real treat. I like every stitch of yours - but today I am in love with the fish.
ReplyDeleteIm alway in love with fish im a pisces!! Shirley can i ask you when you doing TAST do you have them all on one bit of material? hugs.
ReplyDeleteShirley! my visitor arrived safely, and has 'drifted off' to the Land of Nod . . . Oh my 'goodness Shirl! what she has in store for us!!! I can't wait, to see you two, together! We've got Ruth's bottom drawer; your Davy Jones' locker: Pandora's box and all of your little trinkets and treasures from Shirley's sewing bag! And, we haven't even started on your serious stuff! What a 'show and tell'!! Only 2 more sleeps . . . see you real soon! Love and 2 hugs, Barb . . . and Ruth! x x
ReplyDeleteI think I finally found the secret to send a comment on your blog! Let's see if it works ??
Oh, that rope stitch is very nice! The underwater scene is perfect for your lifestyle! Beautiful stitching, my dear.
ReplyDeleteYour sampler with the button is delightful!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good stitch, isn't it? But I found it quite hard to keep it even.
ReplyDelete