Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Xmas in April for me



Well everyone, I got to wear the beautiful hat but only for a short time mind you, I know that Ruth watched it like a hawk all day....wouldn't I have been a hit if I had had this to wear on Dunk Island when my son was married. Honestly, you have to see this beautiful work to believe it. I can assure you that every stitch is done by hand and definitely not machine.
I have had such a mind boggling day with Barbara and Ruth, and I know that I have found two of the most genuine friends anyone could imagine.
That is me in"the hat", next to Barb, and Ruth on the other side of Barb.

This was such a happy day, with much laughter, and I got to see all of Ruths beautiful work. ...and gues what I goooooottttt.

A set of laminated place mats made from Ruths shadowwork embroidery...wow the original embroidery is beautiful...and you really cannot tell the back from the front the work is so expertly done, as is all her other work...I got to see all the items she has bought up for the craft expo at the village where Barb lives.
AAAAANNNNND
I also got a framed print of one of Barb's paintings.
My Xmas in April did not end there, I also got a huge box of Belgium Chocolates (to share with Frank) and the Ruth presented me with a book on Goldwork which also has an excellent article on long and short stitch. It is a glorious book so now I must get to it and try to use those gold threads I have had in the box for years just waiting for this moment.
It is hard to believe that anyone could have become such nice friends with two such nice people in such a short time. I will forever be grateful to Sharon and her stitchin fingers for this opportunity. These are two very unique and wonderful ladies who anyone would be proud to call themselves their friends....I look forward to a long and lasting friendship with them.

To finish these blogs would not be complete without a picture of what my table now looks like!!!






3 comments:

  1. You look great in that hat! I wish I could have seen the work up close. Isn't it amazing that we can make such good friends on the internet? Perhaps we feel more able to be ourselves! Glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat looks really cool on you Shirley and I bet it looks beautiful in real life. How generous are your friends? What goes around comes around though. Looking forward to seeing what you can now do with your gold thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, this is a fabulous blog - there is too much here for me to comment on it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.