These are my practise stitches. The stitch did not work as well with fine thread. Was going to try a checkerboard pattern, but did not count the threads correctly so abandoned that idea, but it could be ok aida.After all the freedom and playing, decided to add another pretty piece to my original sampler. I have had this motif for years, waiting to do something with it. Since it had small eyelets all round it I thought I could at least get those stitches even. Wish I had been able to get the frame even. The outside cord of the frame is couched with some cord that looks like tiny beads joined with gold thread.
The knotted loop stitch makes a nice frame. I used a shiny rayon thread in a dusky variegated pink.I bought two of these motifs from an antique shop, up North, together with some lovely old laces. I was also able to buy some gorgeous glass buttons, some turquoise, and some a plum colour, which I have used in crazy patchwork, and other projects.
The motif is lovely. Are you planning to use it somewhere?
ReplyDeleteDeepa, I have quite a few of these samplers, and I am hoping that with the help of my quilting friend Di we might be able to come up with an idea of putting them together in some way. I might be able to use it as a centre of a cq block.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely idea to put all your samplers together into CQ blocks. Perhaps a CQ wall hanging to show off your pretty embroidery?
ReplyDeleteI do love the way you have framed the motif with this stitch you clever girl. Sooo pretty.
wow shirley this is lovely
ReplyDelete