I needed to have a calming day so stayed with my needles and threads. Wanted to see what I could do with the stitch by letting go with some more freedom. The palm really needed to be near water.Played around with the knotted loop stitch, other threads, and this is what happened.This blog space is a record of what I have made and through this hopefully I can make new friends. My underwater scenes, using a variety of threads and found items are my favourite outlet for my creativity. Techniques such as Silk Ribbon, Brazilian, Casalguidi, Blackwork, Mountmellick, and Schwalm have also captured my imagination. I am also an artist, using acrylics and oils to capture the Australian landscape and Still Life.
Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm
Thursday, 11 March 2010
Expanded the abstract palm
I needed to have a calming day so stayed with my needles and threads. Wanted to see what I could do with the stitch by letting go with some more freedom. The palm really needed to be near water.Played around with the knotted loop stitch, other threads, and this is what happened.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is gorgeous shirl. This stitch works beautifully for this application. Love the water and beachy scene you have created. Your 'holy' brain is so creative.
ReplyDeleteWow this is so pretty and love the colours.
ReplyDelete