Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Wednesday, 10 March 2010

Tast week 2 Knotted loop stitch

This little piece of embroidery actually saved a bit of my sanity today....I was just about to throw my modem out of the window. I am still having trouble and it is in the middle of the night.

Thank goodness for needles and threads. When I did manage to get to the pintangle website and find the new stitch, I tried to print out the page and kept getting 13 pages....but my printer is another story!

I began the stitch, and had problems with the tension, then got a bright idea of a design which did not work because my brain was so frustrated with all the other things happening. So after a lot of unpicking, all of a sudden saw flower petals, which in the stitching has how turned into an abstract palm tree....can anyone else see that. The wonders of the creativity hiding in our brains! Mine is full of holes due to a slight stroke round xmas, so perhaps the holes it left have opened up some sort of new dimension. (Am ok again now though just want to keep the leaky holes!)

Once I mastered the tension, I quite like the stitch, and have a couple of other ideas floating round in my poor brain.....a picture frame comes to mind if I can get the idea onto fabric.

I also found that stitching away from me helped as well.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, it's very pretty. I made some leaves with this stitch, maybe I do some petals too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone for such nice comments I have enjoyed working this stitch. Am trying another idea which I will post when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, u have made it look so beautiful.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Not only a great use for the stitch, but beautiful colors, too. I'd like to make one like this. Maybe I can come up with a variation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel free to use this ida Cindy, that is what it is all about sharing of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley, I love what you did with this stitch. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An excellent sample Shirley well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Shirley,
    Your new blog looks fantastic. I like the colours and the vague background very much. Guess where I am, yes down in the village....You have a lot of things in and I will not be able to see much today
    Love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.