Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Sunday, 14 March 2010

My earlier Reef embroidery

I have had a lot of comments on my stitchin fingers page about my big underwater embroidery so decided to do a history of that particular piece on its own page. In the meantime here are some more pics of reef embroidery and a bit of history of them.

These two pictures are on my earlier blogs.

After working a few smaller embroideries I graduated to this larger one, above, which was a big learning curve on how to get the effects of coral...the white twsited coral in the foreground on the left centre with the french knots is actually hat elastic....
My next effort was this one which I started not long before I got a call that my father was ill again, and knew I had to go and help mum look after him. This is the embroidery I took with me, and when I was not busy I worked on it, so this piece has a great significance for me . Dad gave me a lot of encouragement. I was with them for nearly 5 months with a short break inbetween, before he passed away.

I always had several projects going at a time and was never bored. I also joined an embroidery group in one of the nearby towns, and took a correspondence course.To take up even more time I met a lady called Aileen Shaw who offered to teach a small group of us to paint....so I must admit for a while there the housework was done REEEAL fast and I sat up Really Late.

2 comments:

  1. These emboideries are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to come straight from stitching fingers to see your incredible work ......it is truly a work of art you have captured the feeling of a coral reef ....fantastic..........happy stitching .......Lorna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.