Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 5 March 2010

Diamond stitch

The rainy weather has its advantages. Guilt free time to embroider. So finally worked out (with the help of Sharon B, thanks Sharon) how to get started. Have never done diamond stitch, and found it a challenge at the beginning, then the penny dropped. I had been missing one of the vital steps....taking the needle through to the back and coming up again before doing the knot on the right hand and centre.

Once I had worked one row, I saw a filling stitch for a basket...so had a go...needs a bit of practice, but I love the stitch. Will keep practising want to try it with different threads...sorry about the bent basket handle I drew it freehand.

3 comments:

  1. You're a clever little duck. (By look of the rain you've had, it would be handy to be a duck!)
    I read the diamond stitch, but it was too complicated for my brain. Like how you applied it to the basket. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty little stitich. I love to see obscure embrodiery stitches. Sea witch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley, your basket is a very clever use of this stitch but what I really love is how you used the running stitches to finish the ends of the curved detail....I have added a similar detail to my sampler http://loopylace.com/anniescrazyworld/?p=1024 thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.