This is a picture of the stitches I worked for my sampler of the Diamond stitch for week 1 of Tast 2010 with SharonI thoroughly enjoyed working this stitch, and trying to explore its possibilities. It lends itself to embellishing with beads, and would make a lovely CQ seam stitch. I can even see the stitch used to embroider a catapillar.
The threads I have used, are Caron watercolour thread on the left, and the centre blue examples as well as the basket. Variegated pink Brazilian thread on the right, and a variegated perle thread on the lower curve. The pink thread on the lace is Kanagawa silk, which I love to use.
The dark blue beads are almost as old as I am and are from what is left of my collection of old beads my mother had when I was very young. The story of these beads is on my blog, as well as some close-up pics of the different elements of my sampler.
Thank you Sharon, for this lovely stitch.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.