Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Circle of Flowers

The Brazilian style of embroidery is one of my favourites. The threads are beautiful to work with, and the lovely sheen of the finished work makes it really stand out.Once you have mastered the stitches this technique can be used in so many other ways.

I use these threads a lot in my underwater embroideries because of the sheen which give a real "wet look" to the stitch.

These are Maria Freitas cast on stitch flower. Her bullion rose designs are a wonderful addition to any piece of work.

I completed this cushion during a workshop with Debbie Mercer when she had her shop in Gympie. The design on the cushion is hers. She is a brilliant teacher. Deb now lives in Brisbane and has a website where she does online classes. Her work has to be seen to be believed. Check out Debs work . She is the teacher in residence at the shop where she works at Norman Park.

I also did workshops in Silk Ribbon, Crazy Patchwork, Meadow Scenes, and wool embroidery with her.


Marias Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.