Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 18 August 2011

Lily of the Valley finished

I have finished off my Lily of the Valley which I worked in the first part of the Sumptuous Stitches Class with Sharon Boggon and thought I would share my final effort of the first part of the class.   So far it has been a great learning experience.  It is wonderful working in the group atmosphere, and seeing all the different interpretations of the subject.  Something I did learn which was interesting to me was the difference between monotone and monochrome, and I did get it wrong by using colour.

Not having a uni level background of art, I thought monotone meant different shades and tints of the same colour regardless of what it was. Because of that I chose to work with plums,  whereas it is different shades of the creams, beige and greys.....oops.  However, I was not the only person to think this way thank goodness.




6 comments:

  1. Ah Shirley, on the same page this morning....LOL.. Your piece is so beautiful, be it monotone or monochrome..... Your ability to get the line and texture right is amazing. I've just posted my efforts, and of course, can't thank you enough for the encouragement you've given me. I just love your lily [both of them] and I'm sure any of your friends would agree with me. Both lily pieces are different, but both beautiful in their own way. Congratulations on this, and here we go towards phase two..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more I see of the different examples from this class the more I wish I had joined in. This is beautiful and so very interesting to look at!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley,

    Wow I love all the wonderful textures of this piece. You did an awesome job on it. :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's looking really lovely Shirley! We call that a Calla Lily up here, Lily of the Valley is something quite different. I'm really enjoying the course too but must pull my finger out!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lush and rich with texture and stitches! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shirley I am back and just catching up with your posting while I was gone. WOW is your Lily OF the Valley absolutely stunning. I love the color and your stitching is awesome. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.