Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 12 August 2011

Progress with Sumptuous Stitches

We are up to week 3 and I must say I have become so involved in this progress that I could not wait for lesson 3 and went ahead a bit until I had finished the first piece.  I can see what I should have and should not have done, and now consider this as the "fanciest doodle cloth in the west"
So I decided to begin a mate for this one.  Took a photo of the lily I have blooming in the pot outside, and have now begun the next stage of this process. Below is my latest work in progress, together with the pic of my lily showing its glory on the patio.


So far so good

My pride and joy
My good friend Di is now back from her travels, and we hit the town yesterday for haircuts, after a coffee and chatter.  First stop was the local craft shop where I was able to get some lovely variegated coloured threads to go with my projects.  

We have a hairdresser with fingers that wield magic scissors, so both came out looking and feeling like  brand new again.  Then it was lunch, and shopping where we both spent money we should not have spent, but were pleased with our 'sale' items.  I bought a new better quality iron, and Di the same as well as replacing her hair dryer that carked it during her travels.






8 comments:

  1. Do you fingers ache with such intricate stitching? It is fabulous!

    Have a great weekend,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, I love what you have done with both of these. Your real lily is stunning. You must have green fingers as well as crafty ones:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doodle cloth is looking good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "doodle cloth" is beautiful, Shirley!
    It is good to hear that Di is safely back from her adventure. It sounds that you had a "fab day", ladies :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great class--your lilies are beautiful as well as your stitching!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both pieces are going to look beautiful Shirley, in their own way. The 'real' lily looks magnificent of course!! Love your newest threads. This course is very thought provoking, and good for the brain is it not??? I am enjoying it so much, especially as I have a friend to share it with. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great texture Shirley .......x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.