Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Good news for a change

By lunchtime today had just given up hope of anything done to the driveway, then just after we had finished a truck turned up, and dumped a load of screenings onto the driveway.  Not long after the beautiful sound of a backhoe working filtered up the hill and lo and behold there he was.

You can see part of the end of the load of screenings and rocks for the driveway. He is going to put a pipe under the driveway, so if we get any more of these afternoon thunderstorms, the driveway wont get wrecked again. Here's hoping and keeping fingers crossed.


8 comments:

  1. What good news Shirley! I do hope all your plans work out for the best and your dreams are becoming a reality! You are always in my prayers...
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck ! My fingers and toes are crossed !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am SO happy for that!!!! Washed out driveways are NOT fun!
    Much, much friendship to you across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great Shirley, seems like it won't be long until you can move out and start the first stage of the rest of your life - nice to see the sun shining too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this your escape route? It is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to hear that in spite of everything you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank goodness, finally help! And nearer to your new live, Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shirley and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I went to look at the blog without going through my dashboard and I see 2 photos which is what I posted but I have trouble doing posts and blogger always gives me a hard time adding pictures so I have no idea what the heck is going on. Thanks for letting me know although when I went to look at it it shows me 2 pics.
    Hope all is well for you? Take care...
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.