Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Monday, 29 November 2010

Looking for new Home

I have been putting off posting for a few days, because I have been waiting to hear whether my application for a unit I looked at was successful.  We travelled to Toowoomba on Friday to view a unit.  Unfortunately, it does not seem possible to have a look at more than one unit in a day, and because we have a 4 hour round trip, it makes things a bit difficult.

The unit I looked at had good and bad points, so I am a bit "iffy" about it.  The one I really liked was a townhouse, and now with my knee and heart problems, the stairs would not be a good idea.  Although it was lovely ...and I am tempted.  The thing is that the photos of the one I looked at were very deceiving and the rooms looked much bigger than they actually are.  

I have a Queen bedroom suite, that has a carved bedhead and foot, and a tallboy and 2 wide bedside tables, which I am certain wont fit into the bedrooms.
Now it is getting so close to Xmas, which means i could have difficulty getting phone, power etc connected if it is too close to the holidays.  So it is creating a conundrum for me.

View across lounge/dining to kitchen..not as big an area as it looks but the kitchen is good with lots of cupboards and a new stove, cork floor, and very clean
Not to worry, I am sure if this one does not work out then something else will come along....I am just tired of all these boxes!!!

The next one might be the one.

9 comments:

  1. It would be good to get something sorted, wouldn't it? You must be very unsettled right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds quite stressful Shirley. Moving is not fun at the best of times, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered if you were house hunting, hope it all goes well, I have been thinking of you. Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. this whole business of moving is very stressful...(let alone the emotional breakup strife) Hold on...once you are settled in... your new place will become cozy with all your own touches...wishing you all the best...I'm going to work on something with all my prize/gift bounty...you are inspirational Shirley...don't you forget the power of YOU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Shirley I was wondering how it was going! Wow it sounds like finding an apartment is quite the undertaking there in Australia, but I have to say the name of your towns are so interesting. Definitely more interesting than Plattsburgh New York where I live. It should have been called Flatsburgh if you ask me.
    Good luck with finding "the" place for your future!
    Your friend Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley, you have the best attitude - such things can't be rushed and I have fingers crossed that the 'next one is the one'. Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a nice open room. There seems to be a lot of light, which is something I really love. I hope if this doesn't work out, something will come along soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope you find someplace delightful soon to call your new home. It is very tiring searching, but I have my fingers crossed you find 'the one' next time. Best wishes,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.