Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Monday, 22 November 2010

DI"s Latest Quilt

No, this is not a photo of the quilt  but  a photo of my friend Dianne, taken a little while ago now during one of her visits.  I just wanted to tell you about her latest quilt.  It is a lap quilt in the "stash and bash" method, but the amazing thing is she has hand stitched all the seams with herringbone stitch. No mean feat as far as I am concerned.

On her blog at Dinky Di Quilting and Craft  Di has pictures of other quilts she has made also.  Her blog is well worth a look. Not only is she a keen quilter, but she has a lovely rose garden, two daughters  and a gorgeous grandaughter....the lovely Lily....and of course there is "dollingk" my nickname for her wonderful DH.

Hop over and visit I know you wont be sorry you did.  Di is also a member of Stitchinfingers.

She is not only a good quilter, but a good friend as well and I am very fortunate to know her

4 comments:

  1. Hello Shirley, I can see that you and DI are great friends. Love your smiles. I also thought DI journal quilt is very pretty.

    But I absolutely LOVED see all your Aussie flowers and especially the Jacaranda Tree. OH, how I love that tree when I lived in Australia. Sad I can not grow it here. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirly - I already follow her and you are right - she is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shirley , I visited her blog and just blowed by the beautiful roses. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley, Thanks for telling about my quilt. They were both great fun to do. Can't wait to get together with you again for another brain storming session!! Di

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.