At last! thanks to advice from the ladies on SF. and Flicker. Well, it sort of looks right anyway. I found I kept making Eiffel Towers, and the dark green one looks like some cobblestones on a garden path I used a fine Brazilian thread for that one.. I used a Caron thread for the red, and another stranded silk beside it.
Just had to post my pathetic efforts as well...I see I almost had it at one stage. But there are all sorts of shapes that could be in the eye of the beholder.
Above is my "duck" stitch,Week 35 Spiked Knotted Cable Chain...I sort of stitched it a bit freely because I am using it on my Greyscale Novas piece. Can't remember the name of the thread, thicker version of flower thread. I have stitched the rows back to back. These are going to have something else in between them but haven't decided yet.



By Joves she has got it indeed--and the "duck" stitch looks good as well.
ReplyDeleteLove that last post with the gorgeous flowers.I never realised just how complex they were until I was modelling them in paste for Cake Decorating!!
ReplyDeletesf is so great for help when we need them....l love your work even when your not getting it right Shirley.
ReplyDeleteI am getting excited to see you greyscale piece now Shirley. Glad you nutted this stitch out and were able to use it in your piece.
ReplyDeleteNice stitches all over! Love to see them.
ReplyDeleteAnneliese
I like your buttonholes! Especially the first picture. Nice shapes. But how on earth are they worked? I'll find out. I promise. Your duck stitch is perfect, as usual.
ReplyDelete