Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Monday, 1 November 2010

More Nice Things for the day.

Well I have managed to do some stitching over the last couple of days, spent hours stitching and unstitching the Buttonholed chain stitch.  I did achieve the  spiked knotted cable, which I added to my greyscale novas embroidery which I will blog about next time when I do a bit more.
Needing a relief from stitching and sitting for so long,  I went for a walk in the garden, and over the past couple of days the next round of flowers have begun  blooming.
Shasta daisies

Dont you just love looking into the centres of the flowers and how complex they can be
I cant believe the height of the Shasta Daisies ....must have been all the rain...makes a good snake hiding place though
First of the November Lillies. I bought them with me from Rainbow Beach. Started with one little corm
First of the Dahlias Only have red ones but they make a good display and come up faithfully each year
This is the centre of the Dahlia. It would make an interesting embroidery      
There is a story attached to these pineapples.  Being a Queenslander I love pineapples and particularly pineapple sandwiches. (dont laugh or screw your faces up) 

So for 7 years I have been regularly planting the tops onto the rocky bank I refer to as pineapple hill.  Each year the hares eat them down, but this year with the rain, they have recovered quickly and the other day was surprised to see this beauty growing.
Then when wandering round the front garden, yesterday, discovered the plant there has this tiny new fruit developing.  This plant sits among the lavenders and iris and other assortment of flowers, and is quite big.  Being protected it has never been eaten down, and here is its first fruit.  "Himself" has threatened to dig it out many a time and I have said no because the shape, colour and texture
of the leaves adds interest among the plants and now it has rewarded me.

You can be sure of one thing...I aint going anywhere until I have eaten these babies...like it or not they are mine to savour.  Those "outlaws" are not getting them.

The mango tree is loaded as well so I will have to wait for that crop too wont I?
Now I am not doing any heavy mowing or gardening, I am feeling much better, but the main reason is I have gained so much strength of purpose from the outpouring of care and love I have received from my cyber friends I know I can sit it out.  If "himself" is adamant he does not want to leave here, then he can do all the heavy work all by himself and see how long he lasts....but I am still packing.....and putting all my "stuff" away. 







4 comments:

  1. You MUST have the pineapples and mangoes, Shirley!!! :)

    Your stitches look so interesting! I wish I could learn such things as this! Soon, I hope to try, at least!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pineapples have finally rewarded you, so you must stay and gobble them up. These photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Shirley. Lovely photos, the garden must look a delight. BTW, I like pineapple sandwiches too. We had them when we were kids, but have not had the pleasure for years - too hard to pick a good pineapple these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics,Shirley!! Love the Dahlia especially.Share a pic of you enjoying the pineapple so that we can be sure that you didn't miss out on it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.