This week I have been concentrating on finishing an embroidery from one of my digital images. I have called it Carnival because it reminds me of exploding fireworks. The digital image is on my other blog called Maggie's Moments which you can access from the button on the sidebar or from the link.
When I printed the image on to the linen I forgot to change the settings on the printer to colour, so that is why the background is in grey, and I like to think that is the dark of the night against the colour.
The other picture is of my Picot Chain for this week's Tast Stitch. I have mixed this with other chain stitches to go onto my Stitch File page for the chain stitch family. The Stitch Files can be found on Sharon B's page
![]() |
| Tast Picot Chain and The Stitch Files |
![]() |
| Carnival |


Yes Shirley, the picot chain stitch is much better to be seen here than on the discussion page of SF
ReplyDeleteLovely stitching Shirley, but im in love with the Carnival stitching...so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteRob seems to be doing well at Uni, thanks so much for asking it means alot to me x
Wow! I love your 'Carnival' embroidery Shirley - it's full of movement, energy and colour. Well done, Lesley.
ReplyDeleteI love "Carnival", it's absolutely beautiful, just like fireworks in the night sky.
ReplyDeleteOMG, Shirley...I was so shocked by "Carnival"...it is stunning!!! WOW!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI just want to sit and stare at it! Something about the circles in it makes it so soothing and relaxes me! Awesome peice!!!
'Carnival' is fantastic - what an imaginative piece! It works really well. Great variety of stitches and colours...nice one!
ReplyDeleteLovely TAST samples Shirley, BUT Carnival is just stunning. The way you've used stitching and digital images is amazing. I want to do something similar but my efforts just won't cut the mustard compared to this. Congratulations my friend, it's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLike others, I am enjoying looking at your "Carnival" piece. It is a beauty!
ReplyDelete