Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Friday, 29 October 2010

Todays Good Things

Today I had a mini rebellion.... just about everything in the way of walls and furnishings in our house is either brown or blue...."himself" does not like bright colours...so for my new home when I find it I bought this darling colander...it is only 15cm across.  I spotted them last week in a lovely home decor gift shop and bought one for my son as a joke to go in with all the other stuff I had bought him.
Guess what the colander was the one he was the most excited about.....gee and it was only $6, I could have saved so much money had I known.

So decided to get one for myself....you know when you need to drain a small tin of something and the big colander is too big.


For some time now my cream waste basket under my desk has been gradually falling to pieces and have been promising a new one for ages.  So today on the way out tossed it in the bin, and bought a nice bright one...to go with the lime green and pink and orange folder covers I have been buying lately.  The mind boggles at the stitching colours I am going to come up with when iI finally get into my new colourful sewing room.
At present "my room" (computer come sewing) has a dull deep maroon/burgundy velvet type paint on 3 walls and brick on the other and I have always hated it...but it did not get painted when the house was repainted and all the colour taken out when we first moved in  with all the other walls painted cream.
Lavender,purple,magenta,white.
Was on my way to the loo in the shopping centre (I know where every loo is from Kingaroy to Kingscliffe) when I spotted a stall in the middle of the walkway, selling sheets sets and doona cover sets, one price...$20. So this is the doona cover set I bought to replace the brown one on my double feather doona.....now guests will sleep with colour.   He did not have one with flowers or I would have bought that...just to annoy because i am not allowed to have florals.  Also picked up a pair of egyptian cotton queen sized sheets for my bed for $20 as well  .....I asked the guy if they fell off the back of a truck and he said no they bought in bulk.....ha ha. Do I look old and stupid? 

But I don't mind they were in the original packing and the doona was marked $99 and the Sheets set  (green) $120.  I have opened them and they seem much better quality than what is in Big W....you know the ones that you can shoot peas through the openspaced threads.    Oops should I have put this out into cyber space?   Will I find somewhere to live a lot sooner? (a place with "striped" walls perhaps).....well the company could be interesting!

Now I will have to get back to painting new pictures to go on the walls to co-ordinate.

13 comments:

  1. Good Girl! I love bright colors, the primary colors. Red and yellow are my favorites right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think Shirley.
    Don't you just love the fly-by-nighters who set up shop in the middle of the malls and get in everyones way.Love their bargains as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased you're looking to the future Shirley ...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun, and will you wear lime green and hot pink striped pants and a purple top?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Good for you, Shirley! Way to go! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good positives:) Brighter colors is very good for the mind. Dark and dull can be so depressing. I love the bed set:) What a deal on the sheets!!! I think you are doing great keep it up!!!


    Ann Flowers
    flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Shirley,I have been reading about your troubles. I wish I could fly through the screen and give you the Biggest Hug and tell you how much I am wishing you Happiness with this next stage of your life.
    YES!!!Colour your World Shirley!!I adore you bright colours so far!!!
    Can you e-mail me with your current address, and when you move, your new address.I would like to send you a COLOURFUL house-warming gift, and something to add to your New Stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds wonderful Shirley! I just love being able to redecorate and paint and I am a huge fan of vivid beautiful colors. Because of my tight budget not many things in my home match but I love it all just the same because of the colors and "floral" patterns!
    Have fun planning...
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shirley, you make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright colors and love the bright attitude that is going with it! Keep up the positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You go girl! Color up your world...
    you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No more placating! No more compromises! Now and forever is Shirley's time and fancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that colander Shirley, yellow is one of my favourite colours. Great to hear you are 'breaking free' and loving it. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.