Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 28 October 2010

A good thing a day

For the past couple of days, I have been overwhelmed by the wonderful support and love I have received from so many cyber friends.  Thank you all so much. My spirits have been lifted by all the good wishes that have come my way.I know that each day, these good wishes are top of the list of what is good that happened to me

So from now on I am going to focus on one good thing a day.

On Tuesday I received a wonderful gift of some threads from my dear friend Dianne, that are the perfect  colour for my greyscale  printed picture....one a variegated silk, and the other a variegated cotton. I can hardly wait to use them.

The colours are a bit hard to tell, but are in tones of avocado and beige on the left, and lime to lemon on the right.  I also found the variegated burgundy on the top right in one of my boxes. 


My good things for today Wednesday:
I got to each lunch in front of the TV and watch a movie, so was brave and also ate dinner in front of TV too!   Did not feel like cooking so had a ham sandwich and a cup of tea .....unheard of not to have a big main meal in the evening.

It felt good and quite rebellious!  

I will never be able to thank you all enough for the encouragement that has come my way..but thank you from the bottom of my heart for lifting me and setting me down so gently onto the road to my future.

Now up to box number 9 (35cm square) for easier handling and  larger ones for the lighter stuff.  I am also becoming a dab hand at using that sticky tape roller gadget for putting the boxes together and sealing them.
















11 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley,
    Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a Follower of it. I have become a Follower of your blog too. :) I am so sorry to hear about all you have been going through after so many years with your partner. :( But Life goes on and I can see you are a very strong woman and YOU WILL BE FINE! I am sure your life will be very happy from now on.
    Sending a Big Hug your way,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Shirley! I look forward to seeing what you are going to make with your new materials:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you, also today, Shirley. It is lovely to eat in front of TV - What a nice surprise to get such beautiful yarns. Good stitching!!
    Good luck for box 9.
    Anneliese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, and sending blessings your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Day by day Shirley -- hang in there my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I can see of your greyscale picture embroidery it is looking wonderful Shirley. Glad you are finding goodness in each day, it will help you get through. Stitching is so therapeutic!! P.S. We eat in front of TV nearly every night and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's it...stay positive...when you feel overwhelmed...regroup & remember how successful you have been in past situations...you'll find that strengthens you...in the meantime your creative work will help distract you from the unpleasantness...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shirley! Rebellion is the best!!! Ham sandwich sounds so good...haven't had one in quite a long time! I have never seen greyscale emroidery, but it looks wonderful!!! Hang in there Shirley!!! Loads of hugs...Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. You have got beautiful things. Let them make your time pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are beginning to appreciate the opportunity that has befallen you, that's a very good thing.
    Here's to celebrating your liberation!
    Hugs and cheers whenever you need them.
    Happy Trails, Kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Echoing everyones' thoughts here too Shirley. Can't stand too many rules, makes for a dull life. And, it isn't a crime to have a ham sandwich and a cup of tea!!!!!!! Who needs a cooked meal all the time, especially when we are getting a little older!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.