Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Thursday, 14 October 2010

Herringbone

These are very early examples of my stitching when I first became addicted to embroidery.  So they may not be perfect, but i did enjoy them so much.  I thought I "as pretty good" at the time, and was fortunate in belonging to such a lovely group who did not discourage me by making any comments about "amateurish". snort snort, giggle giggle. ...that sort of thing..... I only ever heard encouragement.  This helped me to persevere, so now I am going backwards, and with age, gnarly fingers, addled brain, the stitches are again becoming uneven.  However, I call this "freedom" and hope to be able to embroider for a long time yet.


I call this one "abstract herringbone"
 Now just a few extra samples.




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love the all the versatility:)


    Ann Flowers
    flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the samples are very nice. The first one is like rose buds with thorns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.