Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Monday, 27 September 2010

Work in Progress

Well I have been playing round with this Gimp programme and finally decided to try to take it a step further and create an embroidery based on the design. Yes, loosely based   I just cut out shapes similar to those on the graphic, and fused some aqua voile over the top   Tow of the motifs, the "vee" and the small square were very white, so after I had stitched them on I made up a little bit of cold coffee and painted it on to those and onto the flower motifs as well, (very carefully with a fine brush) and then heat set and dried it with my hair dryer..even if it fades over time it wont go back to stark white.

Still have ideas swirling round in my brain, and thoughts of lumpy threads, and metallics..to be added


Landscape or Portrait?









Here is the photo of the design that I have based this on.  Still lots to do  Now this has come up in portrait view, I think I like this better than the landscape view so I will consider that before I do any more stitching.

There must be something about this picture I found myself humming to some music while I was stitching and so there must be some magical thing about this picture if it is able to make me so relaxed and excited at the one time.

Damn, I have to go out today...and I just want to sew...my friend Dianne is coming for the weekend she may have to sleep on top of the ironing that is on the spare bed....well it is a very big bed she can move it aside. (I won't be able to get her to do the ironing we have too much 'playing' to do.  I am so excited. about her visit.  It is also my birthday so that will make it extra special.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Your work is very lovely. Sorry I can't help you with your ironing. But yes you do need to have fun with your friend while she's visiting you! Girl Time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. coffee painting is a good idea. Some how I missed your art page. All your paintings are very nice. Have a good time with your friend and advance birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you, Shirley. Enjoy the day. I like your design and can't wait to see the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful birthday Shirley...enjoy the time with your good friend...(forget the ironing...I do!) I do so love your blog & your creations...thank you for it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bother the ironing - dump it on the floor and enjoy the weekend. Have a happy birthday. I love your interpretation of the gimp design you made. cheers, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found this gimp post now, as I have Internet in the hotel with no restriction, only the one of getting very late! I love the work in progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.