Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Visitors Arrived

Late, but better late than never.
Traffic was bad and delayed our visitors, but eventually they arrived safe and sound. It was so good to see them. This is my big son.

First job was of course feeding the puppies, and a run round the paddock with Ali after being in the car for over 3 hours with only a short stop on the way.
Then it was feeding the adults. Was so excited forgot to take a photo of us at lunch, which was my all in together chicken salad.
Afterwards we went for a walk and showed Ali's parents round the property. They were most impressed with the peacefulness of it all. This was taken in our little bit of rainforest.

While the pups enjoyed a play in the open spaces.

Tea and bikkies on the patio, and it was then time to prepare dinner.. son is a great cook so he cooked and I supervised and helped with veges. I made the dessert which was a berry cobbler.
Son cooked the roast dinner, and I was able to enjoy the company of the visitors. He made a delicious "mash" of carrots and parsnips, with pinches of nutmeg, mixed spice and cumin to go with the roast, as well as roasted potatoes, sweet potato and pumpkin. The greens were delicious bussels sprouts (which I did not see the ingredients) broccoli, peas and beans.

Truly a feast and I had visions of eating leftovers for a week. That was not to be though with all having healthy appetites.

1 comment:

  1. Now I saw it all! Also the wonderful photos of the wedding. So interesting. I wont be able to remember the "whoswho", so many brothers and children and relatives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.