On Mothers day way back in May I was away, and although my daughter came to visit me there, they bought me a card and said the gift was too heavy for me to carry round on trains and buses. I had forgotten all about that, but when daughter turned up yesterday the first thing she did was hand me this beautifully wrapped package that weighed a ton. It was my belated Mothers Day Gift and when I opened the parcel this is what it was.Needless to say today I am trying it out and at present have a lovely oxtail stew simmering away for dinner tonight with lots of mash. ( I was a child of the depression and post war years and grew up with this type of food)

Daughter (grandma to be) and DH get along famously and are always joking and insulting each other. Here is a photo of them together. She was very lucky all the wallabies put on a good show for her benefit...even the little one came in and she was tickled pink.
I felt like locking the gates to stop her going home it was so good to have her visit. She even cut back the passionfruit vine for me.
I felt like locking the gates to stop her going home it was so good to have her visit. She even cut back the passionfruit vine for me.
MMMM Yum, I love Oxtail. What a lovely present. They both look very cheeky in that photo.
ReplyDeleteI adore such presents, wonderful, useful, time preserving!!! An I love the photo. Young grandma!!
ReplyDelete