Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Siennese Stitch Week 24

These are my attempts at the Siennese stitch...I dont know what has happened to the colours on my camera, but they are not coming out very true at the moment. This stitch can be found on Pintangle Take a Stitch on Tuesday. There are lots of lovely samples on the Tast Group site on Flicker

With the stitches in the top photo I used a turquoise wool, and a thicker variegated thread in a circle, which I have forgotten the name of for the minute.
In the second photo three buttons sitting on one of my fabric pages needed stems. I used two strands of stranded cotton. It actually shows up better in real life.
I had trouble finding any inspiration for this stitch, and I am sure when I see some of the other ladies samples I will think "why didn't I think of that". The stitches in this photo also look much better in the flesh. I used a blue Minnamara variegated thread for the top and bottom row, and a pale apricot for the centre and for the three random stitches.

I played round with with my Gimp photo editing programme, and below is more the true colour of the thread, but the background is darker than it should be.

The braid is really this nice lime green, and this is the colour of the Minnamara thread in bright orange/yellow tones. Below is a picture of the same thing scanned through the printer. The fabric is a truer colour.
Probably need to read my camera manual again.
Not very straight but I cant even walk a straight line let alone sew a straight line.

3 comments:

  1. That is a good idea working it in with the braid Shirley. Love those buttons on your fabric page and can't wait til you post up some finished pages! Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the circle and the way you have used this stitch to hold the lace. Nice samples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley just wanted to say I love the samples and in response to your comment "Not very straight but I cant even walk a straight line let alone sew a straight line." who said anything about walking a straight line and creativity going together!
    Ok I will get back in my corner ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.