First Saturday of the month is always Market Day, and regardless of the cold off we went at about 7am. Fortunately as the sun got higher it bought its warmth. I meant to take photos (again!) of the actual market site to show how busy it is but even though I carted my camera round in my bag forgot to use the darn thing!
Came home loaded wi
th fresh veges....even some lovely strawberries for son-in-law Pete who has diabetes and the only fruit he can eat is strawberries....a great big tub for $5 which I forgot to put into the photo because they were already in the fridge.
I love avocados on toast for my brekky and there are some lovely people who sell local ones for 40c each and 50c each and they are a reasonable size. The are always delicious and creamy. Picked up extras for family.
I knew my youngest daughter the new grandma to be) was coming for a visit to collect the cradle and baby stuff so we could not linger too long. I
did find some lovely little singlets with embroidered roses on them to add to the "baby stash".
Why didn't I embroider them myself, because have to wait to our next trip to the big town to be able to visit one of the big stores to buy the singlets.....and because I was lazy and knew where to get them with beautiful embroidery already done.
th fresh veges....even some lovely strawberries for son-in-law Pete who has diabetes and the only fruit he can eat is strawberries....a great big tub for $5 which I forgot to put into the photo because they were already in the fridge.I love avocados on toast for my brekky and there are some lovely people who sell local ones for 40c each and 50c each and they are a reasonable size. The are always delicious and creamy. Picked up extras for family.
I knew my youngest daughter the new grandma to be) was coming for a visit to collect the cradle and baby stuff so we could not linger too long. I
did find some lovely little singlets with embroidered roses on them to add to the "baby stash".Why didn't I embroider them myself, because have to wait to our next trip to the big town to be able to visit one of the big stores to buy the singlets.....and because I was lazy and knew where to get them with beautiful embroidery already done.
Your markets sound wonderful Shirl. The singlets are really cute and saves you. Those avos are a good price, we are paying triple that!! Hopefully they will come down in the next couple of months as supplies increase.
ReplyDelete