Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Sausage Rolls and longer days needed


Sausage Rolls anyone
The more I  get into the computer and trying to learn to use the software,  the less time I seem to have to do everything and my brain is suffering even more...so took time off for some cooking.

Yesterday I made my version of Minestrone Soup....a big  pan of it and now the soup is all in containers and  in the freezer.  We had some  for lunch  and it is yummy...although every time I make it, it tastes different...probably because I make it out of my head and just throw in this and that so it varies a lot.  

Today it was sausage rolls.  DH just loves them.  We have a good  local butcher whose sausage mince is not fatty and because I use lots of fresh herbs, fresh breadcrumbs, eggs, garlic dash of tomato sauce they are sort of healthy....I say sort of because I do use the frozen puff pastry which could be full of naughty stuff (not game to look at the package) but one balances the other.

Because of the herbs (Oregano, basil, thyme, parsely and sometimes rosemary) there is no need to add salt, and there would be plenty in the pastry already.  I have to ration out the sausage rolls  because we would just keep eating and eating.  To make the batch I use 2kg of pork sausage mince (definitely dont buy minced pork) and l packet plus 2 more layers of the pastry.  But this could depend on the amounts you put into the rolls.  Whatever you do dont try to economise by buying the Home Brands of pastry...it is not nice.

If I have any pastry over I thaw out some fruit and make a pie.

Cooking was a nice respite from the computer, although I have dashed in and looked at a couple of things that came to mind while I was waiting for things to ...thaw...cook.  

I did lose/forget a website I wanted to give to someone but eventually remembered it...so not all is lost.  I have sent out an S.O.S. to see if anyone can find my lost brain....just post it on a note on your computer if you do...I will come across it when I am lurking round the Net.

Now where are this weeks Tast stitch directions I printed out this morning?

I



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.