Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Sunday, 15 August 2010

Introducing Ella


Well Here she is at last. But they only sent one photo from the camera phone...it came in after I had gone to bed. How mean is that! Maybe they are just going to give me a card with the lot when I go down. ....or maybe they are just going to dribble them into me so I dont drive everyone mad. Cant wait for Friday to be able to hold her.

I dont know what the procedure is elsewhere, but evidently the mothers are discharged from Hospital after only a couple of days....but a nurse comes to visit them daily to check that they are ok and the baby is feeding etc.....and after a week of that the nurse calls 3 times a week until they are satisfied the mother and babe are ok....wow that is service....or was it better to have a week or so in hospital after the birth and learn to bath and feed while enjoying a good rest and leaving the crying baby to the nurses.



8 comments:

  1. Absolutley adorable! Roll on Friday. Have fun Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shirley she is gorgeous! What a beautiful baby and I bet you can just hardly wait to get your hands on her. Many hours of cuddling fun!
    My son was born in Montreal in 1978 and I had "rooming in" so he did not go to the nursery. I left 36 hours after he was born and I was on my own. The good news was I had baby sat since I was 8 so taking care of a baby was nothing new to me!
    Have fun with that sweet bundle and post those pictures as soon as you get back Great Grandma!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shirley she looks a cutie already but then i love babies. I agree i loved my 7 days in hospital learning everything, here they can be out in 6 hours can you believe it...things are so different....enjoy friday.
    What happened to the post about your Son?! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A teaser for GG!! What a honey pie!!They are probably dazed and sleep deprived!!They will probably be Very Willing to hand her over to you. Just imagine all those sweet baby clothes...GIRLIE things!!!!!Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's precious....congratulations. Enjoy your little Ella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to see her.... sweet little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so gorgeous, Shirl. It was better to have a week in hospital I reckon and be waited on and have them look after the baby so one could rest.
    Some things have changed for the better though I guess. You will enjoy cuddling her for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is adorable. babies are such a joy and treasure. Congratulations:) Check up services are nice. I like her name too!

    Ann Flowers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.