Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Wednesday, 4 August 2010

First flower on the "Weed"

For 6 years there has been this insignificant and at times half dead plant that could have been a pineapple, that I have been tempted to pull out. Because there is so little of interest growing in the few crevices in the rocks I have just left it, thinking as well it could be a form of aloe.

Well today I got out in the beautiful sunshine and gave the garden a good watering. I was out there for over 2 hours and when I came to this area lo a behold a lovely flower has bloomed on my "weed" It looks like xmas bells. The bright sunlight has taken a lot of the colour out but it is a bright reddish orange.

This is a picture of the rock wall where it is growing...nature is a wondrous thing.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this little flower is a triumph!!I suppose if you watered it, it might die !!!Such a valiant effort by your little plant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a little aloe type plant. just goes to show we should not write off something on how it looks, just like I will love you with your bad haircut and all. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty flower color. Good job sparing its little life:) I think it would be a great shaped flower for ribbon embroidery:)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Ann Flowers
    flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.