Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Week 23 Waved Chain Stitch.

These are my Week 23 Wave Chain Samples. I could not get it to wave very well, so I went from the sublime to the ridiculous and created this crazy hair do.

I actually did have the worst haircut last week. I can't believe that I can go to the same hairdresser for over twelve months, and she could remember what we talked about six weeks before but could not remember how I like my hair cut. So have given her the sack today.

This must have been on my mind when I drew the circle to work the stitches from. Half way through doing this it reminded it of my current hair do. I just feel like one of those grumpy old women you see on the TV except I dont think there is anything humourous about a bad haircut.

Happy stitching everyone I just hope my hair grows quickly and I can find a hairdresser somewhere who is competent at their trade......dont think so in the bush!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley!!! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I just love hand embroidery! Your hair here is so crazy cute! Sorry to hear about your bad haircut! Hope you can find a good person to do your hair!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, even if your haircut is not to your liking, you have certainly mastered the art of embroidery...just so lovely.
    I've had the same hairdresser since moving over the pond, she's a fellow Brit, and always compliments me by saying " You've got bloody awful hair, but lots of it ".
    I go to her about once a year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad you commented on my blog, it led me to yours:) I think your stitches came out nicely. The first one is my favorite. I am glad to find your blog:)


    Ann Flowers
    flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of like that depiction of your hair style ;) Well expressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can even make a wonky wave chain stitch look good. I love the wild hair on your 'self portrait' and remember there is only a week between and good and bad haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It made me laugh to see the picture about your haircut. Your are very sportive and take this an idea to embroid. Great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.