Agapanthus in bloom

Agapanthus in bloom
Agapanthus at the farm

Saturday, 24 July 2010

Tast Week 21 Slipped Chain Stitch.

These are my samples of the slipped chain stitch for this weeks Tast
The photo on the left is of a geometric pattern where I did one slip stitch. For this I used stranded threads.
I then worked a circle of the stitch end to end in a variegated perle thread. Dont ask me why I used the brownish pink coloured ribbon for the heart, and then put the bright colours inside...I dont know what I was thinking I am not happy with it, but I guess it is "different".





10 comments:

  1. Gee Shirley, your "bank of stitches", leaves me gasping. I am so slow when I learn a new stitch!!I am really enjoying doing the embroidery though.
    You could use a Shiva stick(?) to paint it gold etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the samples are nice. The heart is soo beautiful with little flowers. The first sample look like our traditional Kolam which we used to decorate (not only decorates but also it feeds ants, birds) our frontyard. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so disciplined, Shirley, to be following TAST and participating so fully with all your variations. I love the stitches, and have been watching many others do the challenge too, but so far I haven't taken up the TAST needle. Maybe one day..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley loved your stitching..loved the first one more..

    ReplyDelete
  5. All lovely, especially the colours of the yarns and your Underwater Reef Scene is wonderful, really, really clever. Bfn, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Shirley, Your new blog look is spectacular. Your reef embroidery photo sets the mood at the top and all your lovely flower photos add to the beauty. Your TAST stitching for this slipped chain stitch is, as usual, creative and interesting. I actually like the colours around the heart! Regards Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to see those colours! And the interesting stitching

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di has taken the words from my mouth. I love everything here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.