I got busy yesterday when we came home from shopping . I had found some nice cotton to make sheets and pillow cases for the baby cradle. From some cheesecloth in my stash made half a dozen burp cloths as well. So now these are ready to put into the box with my tiny teddy collection and children's books that I am handing down to Ella.This morning I cleaned the dust off, wiped down and polished the family baby cradle, ready for it to be collected soon. My Dad found this cradle originally at a second hand auction in 1960 just before my 3rd daughter was born. It was painted green and pretty horrible, but he pulled it to pieces and stripped the paint off and stained and varnished all the bits before rebuilding it.
I remember when that baby was tiny this cradle was kept beside our bed at night so I could just reach out and give it a little rock.....that was after I had checked that all her needs had been met, and she would just drop off to sleep again.
I couldn't help myself in the shops yesterday, and picked up a couple of little outfits and some baby nighties. I haven't felt clucky about this baby yet, and now it is catching up with me.
Her father is my grandson, and the loveliest person you could wish to meet. I received an email last week with a picture of the latest scan, and Ella has the prettiest lips...they were so clear. Looks like she will be a 3rd generation princess.
Her father is my grandson, and the loveliest person you could wish to meet. I received an email last week with a picture of the latest scan, and Ella has the prettiest lips...they were so clear. Looks like she will be a 3rd generation princess.

Is this the first great grand child? If so no wonder you are getting clucky. Nice stuff and lovely cot, Ours goes back to the mid 1800 and is iron.
ReplyDeleteYou have been very productive Shirl. I am sure the sheets will be very gratefully accepted and will be made in your usual neat way. The cradle is gorgeous.
ReplyDelete