I did not do a sampler as such with this stitch, but added it straight on to my reef picture. I thought it fitted in really well as a depiction of coral growing. The first two pictures I used variegated "Watercolour" threads, and the third one I used a stranded variegated silk thread, using the whole five strands so it would show out in the position I wanted to stitch it.
Glad you are home and not too much worse for wear. I love what you are doing with your reef picture, and at least you have something to do while being made to sit quietly!
ReplyDeleteThe up and down feather was perfect for your scene. You must be all up to date with TAST now. One advantage of being out of action I guess. Take care Di
ReplyDeleteIt seems that DH is still making you take care of yourself!! Wonderful, wonderful progress on your reef picture....
ReplyDeleteI admire your reef pictures so much. They are just beautiful. Do you work from your imagination, from reef pictures? Have you seen reefs with your own eyes and work from memory?
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog. Your stuff is beautiful. Looking forward to more.
ReplyDelete