I woke early and on impulse decided to do the upgrade on the old computer, but could not understand what the stuff on the disc I had been given was so abandoned that and thought I would just do an upgrade which I had a disk for in my new big book about linux. However after 3 hours and getting halfway through the upgrade ( and dowloading over 800 Mb of data) it just said it could not continue and was going to abort the process.....grrrr. I have a vague recollection it may be because I did not "trash" what was there before commencing.So now I will just take the disk and box to the next computer group meeting ...to the very clever J to advise me what to do next.
This is a photo of the Book on Linux Ubuntu that my son bought me..it came with a disk in the back. I think I will need to find out how to clear out the memory before it will load properly.
The book has 826 pages so that is a lot of reading!!!
Reading what I have of it must have had some effect, because I just though hmmm well that sorts that out doesn't it....I did not even get stressed. Although I think belonging to the computer group has given me a lot more courage and removed the panic I used to feel every time I used the computer...but...that was in the days when I had MS.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting on my posts I will try to reply as soon as I can. However anonymous comments will be treated as spam and not accepted.